The mission of the Office of Emergency Management is to insure the safety and well being of the citizens of the City of Las Vegas and the County of San Miguel through mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery from any disaster or major emergency which may occur.
Goal and Objectives
- To develop and maintain programs and systems for effective coordination of community resources in all phases of emergency management.
- To plan and prepare for population protection, including evacuation and sheltering.
- To plan and prepare for the appropriate roles within the EOC (Emergency Operation Center) in response to an emergency.
- To plan and prepare for the appropriate training required to effectively manage the EOC.
- To conduct exercise functions to properly test the effectiveness of the EOC.
The purpose of the Office of Emergency Management is to coordinate the efforts of all-local governmental departments and agencies and to maintain the liaison with and to cooperate with Emergency Management agencies and organizations of other political divisions within state government. Also to coordinate the development of an Emergency Operations Plan for the protection of life and property adequate to cope with disasters resulting from acts of war, sabotage, natural or man made causes and to coordinate the implementation of set plans during periods of emergency.