Patricia GallegosSan Miguel County Assessor
MONDAY - FRIDAY
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
|518 Valencia St., Cnty Annex Bldg.
Las Vegas, NM 87701
San Miguel County Assessor’s Office Calendar:
- January 1 through February 28 Assessments period.
- April 1 – Notice of Valuations (unless the deadline has been extended by a Property Tax Division order).
- After Notice of Valuations are mailed, there will be a 30 day protest period.
- July 1 – Certification Report has to be submitted to Taxation and Revenue Property Tax Division for the purpose of establishing Tax Rates.
- September 1 Tax Rates are entered for current year.
- October 1 -Tax Roll due Treasurer's Office.
- October 1 -Warrant and Abstract Report submitted to state indicating revenues generated and taxes to be collected.
- October -Before tax bills are printed, change latest acceptable taxing year so we can do individual rollovers.
- October -Rollover support tables.
- December - After tax bills are printed, mass rollover is done for the following year.
- Monthly reports generated: Certification, Warrants, Abstract and Re-Assessment Tax Roll.
- Mass recalculation has to be done before notice of valuation and tax rolls are done.
- Obtain CAMA System (Computer Aided Mass Appraisal System)
- Have started implementing a GIS system and is about 50% complete.
- Hope to have property owners and maps on internet to allow public to be able to locate parcels and property owners readily.
- To provide competent and efficient assessments services in a manner resulting in equitable and fair of all San Miguel County taxpayers.
- To provide mandated by State Law, New Mexico Constitution, Taxation and Revenue Property Tax Division.
- Locating all taxable property in the County and identifying the ownership.
- Appraising all property subject to property taxation.
- Listing the value of all property on the tax rolls; and applying all legal exemptions.